The sponsorship protocol signed on October 1998 between Instituto Português de Museus and Cimpor, Cimentos de Portugal, allowed the realisation of a work campaign for the restoration and conservation of Madre de Deus church and Low Choir, under the coordination of Instituto Português de Conservação e Restauro.
The sponsor support of Cimpor was determinant for structuring this complex and extensive work that, concluded in 2001, is documented in the book Igreja da Madre de Deus/história, conservação e restauro ( Madre de Deus Church/history, conservation and restoration
(IPM, 2002), as an example of a qualified intervention on patrimony integrated in architecture and corresponding museum management and organisation.
Between 2001 and 2005, the support of the Fundação Millennium-BCP allowed the implementation of several activities, from temporary exhibitions to events which were essential to reach new audiences.
The sponsorship support of EDIFER Group permitted the reassembling on its original place, in 2006, of The Crib of Madre de Deus Convent, a master work of Portuguese baroque sculpture dismantled after the extinction of religious orders, in 1834.
With museographic concept of Ricardo Viegas, it can be seen in Santo António Chapel, room of former Madre de Deus convent integrated on the tour proposed to the visitor of the Museu.